Friday, 30 July 2010

Paint!



I really really want to paint my room! I only have a couple of problems; what colour? But, more importantly, can I afford it?
I am completely torn between a regency style green, or a country style yellow?
A bit of background; all my bedroom furniture is cream/ivory. I have a metal frame bed with bed knobs - also cream, I have a multitude of pictures that need to be put up but I'm waiting until I've painted. Lots of books and shelves, I just don't know what colour to paint!!!! Oooh or lilac!
I like these ideas (images found on google) <<
Can you see why I'm so torn!? They are all beautiful! Each would fit perfectly for different moods, the green for when I feel intellectual and want to read a book and escape to another world, the yellow would be lovely fo when I feel warm and perfectly English with tea and crumpets in bed with my love. But then the lilac is just pretty and calming, and also neutral - I still live at home with my mum, sisters and step father, so when I move out it would be easier for me to at least leave a room which would be easy to paint over, but as I have one more year at college then a further three at university in which I will still live at home in the holidays or when I want to come back. Oh the decision is just too hard!


My older sister is making scones tomorrow! I'm quite excited! Although I can't help, as I'll be working. Slightly annoying but I need the money! Especially as my tickets for V Festival have arrived! WOOHOO! It's going to be great! Provided the weather gets better. Going shopping next week for some new festival clothes!


What do you think about the painting?


xx

1 comment:

Gordita said...

Yellow! Sunny and sweet!